Story By: Erin Zollars
Photos By: Sol Tucker
The ribbon cutting ceremony was held this afternoon where officials from the club along with D.C Mayor Muriel Bowser as they officially begun the week of opening which will also include as follows below.
Tuesday & Wednesday
World Cup Watch Parties with D.C. United
- Pick up D.C. United swag before the first match and enter to win a signed Wayne Rooney jersey
- English broadcast: Fado Irish Pub
- Spanish broadcast: Freedom Plaza
- Party starts at 1 PM both days
Inaugural match ticket giveaway
- Pay close attention to D.C. United social media at 10 AM for your chance to win the first pair of tickets to the inaugural match at Audi Field!
Happy Hour at Bardo Beer Garden (4:30-6:30 PM)
- Located just blocks away from the brand new Audi Field
- The final pair of tickets will be given away, as well as D.C. United swag before the big game on Saturday.
- Audi Field’s brand new fan plaza opens at 4 PM and is your place to party before kickoff featuring a live concert by White Ford Bronco!
- Beer garden
- Photo mosaic – stop by to take a picture using #UnitedAtHome to be added to the fan mosaic, a photo time capsule that will be hung permanently at Audi Field.
- Food trucks
- Free D.C. United swag
- Opening of the brand new Club Shop, one of the largest in MLS, opening at 4 PM.
- Gates open at 6 PM